WTF is #DAMpfp
#DAMpfp invites artists to create a PFP that will be included within issue #10 of the zine.
Starting now through February 16th at 11:59pm PT artists will have an opportunity to contribute a PFP to the #DAMpfp collection.
Through a collaboration with collector.sh we’ll be doing a special DAM Community Drop. The drop will experiment with the following.
- A community PFP - all artists can contribute a PFP to the collection
- PFPs will be revealed upon mint
- Sales of the PFPs will be split equally among all participating artists (see details below)
- All royalties from secondary sales go to the artist
How to participate
- Please use the above image of the Mona Lisa as a reference guide. NOT that the Mona Lisa has to be within your PFP but that you use it to determine
- PLACEMENT of the subject within your PFP
- SIZE (2048 x 2048)
- Deadline: Feb. 16th at 11:59pm PT.
- Share what you’re working on. We love to see WIPs in our twitter feed!
- Starting on March 2nd collectors will be able mint & reveal a #DAMpfp.
How sales & royalties will work
Additional details regarding how the mint works. PLEASE NOTE that like all things that DAM does this is an experiment.
- All sales will be split between artists equally. This will be done by hand by DAM.
- For logistical reasons - mainly being that metaplex doesn’t support more than 4 contributors on a smart contract - every PFP will be minted under one collection “#DAMpfp.” After mint each PFP is updated to include the artist as creator.
- 100% of the royalties for the piece will reside with the artist.
- If artists are interested they can include DAM as a contributor when they submit their art. If the artist opts to add DAM as a contributor then future sales of the PFP will be split between the artist and DAM. This will be based on what the artist specified the royalty to be at time of submission.
- As a community we’ll determine a one time platform fee to Collector.sh.